CSIR UGC NET (commonly called as CSIR NET) is a national-level exam conducted by NTA (National Testing Agency) to select candidates for the award of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and for determining their eligibility for appointment as Assistant Professors in Indian universities and colleges. Subjects for which CSIR UGC NET is conducted include :
- Life Sciences
- Chemical Science
- Physical Science
- Mathematical Science
- Earth Sciences
“A candidate may apply either for JRF-Assistant Professorship or Assistant Professorship only,”
- Classroom Courses are available in our Lucknow center.
- Morning & Evening Batches available.
- Monday to Saturday Classes & Sunday Test.
- Weekend Classes also available.
- Library facility available.
- Online "LIVE" Classes available for Life Science.
- Student can attend the classes through laptop or mobile phones.
- You can get the recordings if you miss any class.
- These are real-time "LIVE" classes. Students can ask the question during & after the class.
- Internet speed should be 256kbps or more to attend the classes.
We are providing Online Test-Series to practice more and more questions in Life Science according to New Pattern and Syllabus
Study Materials available in hard copy and will be sent through courier in your given postal address.
- About CSIR-NET 2019
- Exam Pattern
- Cut-Off Marks
- Answer Key
- CSIR-NET 2020
CSIR UGC NET 2019 December session will be conducted on December 15, 2019 The exam is conducted for Life science, Earth science, Mathematical science, Chemical science, and Physical science.
- The exam is conducted in online mode and has multiple choice questions.
- CSIR NET is held in two sessions- morning session for Life and Earth science and afternoon session for Mathematical, Chemical and Physical Science.
- The minimum marks to qualify the exam is 33% for General, OBC and EWS Category and 25% for SC/ ST and PwD candidates.
- Fellowship to successful candidates shall be effective from July 1, 2020, with the validity period of 2 years for joining the fellowship under the scheme.
- CSIR UGC NET Junior Research Fellowship Salary hiked from INR 25000/- to INR 31000/- by the Central Government.
- Candidates must have a M.Sc or an equivalent degree / Integrated BS-MS / BS - 4 years / BE / B. Tech / B. Pharma / MBBS.
- For General/ EWS and OBC-NCL candidates, minimum of 55% marks and for SC/ ST/ physically and visually handicapped candidates, a minimum of 50% marks is required in this degree.
- Those enrolled for M.Sc or those who have completed 10+2+3 years of the above qualifying examination are also eligible to apply.
- B.Sc (Hons) or equivalent degree holders or candidates enrolled in the Integrated MS-PhD program can apply as well.
- Such applicants need a minimum 55% marks (for general and OBC-NCL) and 50% marks for SC / ST, physically and visually handicapped candidates.
- Those with a bachelor’s degree must be registered/enrolled for Ph.D./ Integrated Ph.D. program to be eligible for CSIR.
- Ph.D. degree holders, who have passed Master’s degree before September 19, 1991, with minimum 50% marks, are eligible to apply for the only Lectureship.
Age Limit and Relaxation
- For Junior Research Fellowship : Candidates should not have attained 28 years of age as on July 1, 2019.
- Lectureship : There is no upper age limit for Assistant Professorship.
- The upper age limit can be relaxed up to 5 years for SC/ ST/ Physically or Visually handicapped and female candidates and 3 years for OBC-Non Creamy Layer candidates
|Part A||20 (Out of which first 15 answered questions will be evaluated)||15*2 = 30 marks (Negative marking = 0.5 mark)||3 Hours|
|Part B||50 (Out of which first 35 answered questions will be evaluated)||35*2 = 70 marks (Negative marking = 0.5 mark)|
|Part C||75 (Out of which first 25 answered questions will be evaluated)||20*4 = 80 marks (Negative marking = 1 mark)|
CSIR UGC NET answer keys are released for all the subjects after the conduct of the exam. Candidates can check CSIR UGC NET answer key for their particular subject by following the below-mentioned steps :
Step 1 : Visit the official website of CSIR.
Step 2 : : Click on the Answer Key Link.
Step 3 : : Click on the subject name for which the answer key needs to be seen.
How to Check CSIR UGC NET Result?
NTA Declare the result within 15 days of the exam.
Candidates can follow the below-mentioned steps to check their result for CSIR UGC NET exam :
- Visit the official website of CSIR
- Click on the result link available under the News & Announcements section
- View and download the 'Joint CSIR-UGC NET Exam Result
The council releases two merit lists – one consisting of candidates qualifying for the award of JRF and second of those candidates qualifying the eligibility test for lectureship. The merit lists are declared on the basis of performance of candidates in the written test.
The official website informs, “Candidates qualifying for JRF (NET), will also be eligible for lectureship (NET) subject to fulfilling the eligibility criteria laid down by UGC. The candidates qualifying for lectureship will be eligible for recruitment as lecturers as well as for JRF-ship in a scheme/project, if otherwise suitable. However, they will not be eligible for regular JRF-NET fellowship.”
|CSIR NET Events||CSIR NET Exam Dates 2020||Salient Features|
|Application form releases||March 16||CSIR NET application form will be released on the offical website on March 16.|
|Application process ends||April 15||CSIR NET application process will end on April 15.|
|Admit card||May 15||CSIR NET 2020 admit card will be released on May 15.|
|CSIR NET exam||June 21||CSIR NET 2020 exam will be held on June 21.|
|Result||July 5||CSIR NET result will be declared on the official website on July 5.|
Important FAQs regarding CSIR NET Exam -
Q: How many times is CSIR UGC NET conducted in a year?
A: CSIR UGC NET is conducted twice a year in typically the months of June and December.
Q: How many attempts are allowed for CSIR NET?
A: There is no limitation on the number of attempts that candidates can take for CSIR NET exam.
Q: Is there any age criteria to apply for CSIR NET exam?
A: The age criteria is applicable for candidates applying for JRF only. Candidates should be maximum 28 years in age.
Q: In how many languages is the CSIR NET question paper available?
A: The questions in CSIR NET paper are asked in two languages – Hindi and English.
Q: How much stipend is given to candidates qualifying the exam for JRF?
A: Qualifying candidates are given a stipend of Rs 31,000 per month for the first two years. The stipend is increased to Rs 35,000 for the third and subsequent years if the fellow is registered for PhD programme.
Q: How many candidates have registered for CSIR NET 2019 exam?
A: Total 2,82,116 candidates have registered for CSIR NET December 2019 exam.